Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wordless Wednesday

A beautiful azalea! Nice work, Trev!

March 15th - Garfield Park Conservatory


Very happy soon-to-be parents!


I am wearing a nightgown in this - no, that's not my belly skin with purple stretch marks :)
Reading up on all the newborn care how-tos.


Fruit pizza by Trev.


Dinner out.


Balancing a glass of water on my belly :)



Something I miss a bit about teaching is structure and routine. When I was teaching, my days had a certain "flow." Of course the school day was very planned and structured, but my "at home" time as had a certain schedule that I seem to have lost. I feel like even though I now have loads more time at home, less is getting done! Granted, today is my due date, and Trevor and I have been living a very spontaneous, spur-of-the-moment existence the past two weeks.

I know a baby is coming (please come soon!), and I really don't want to over-schedule her or be too ambitious about what I want to accomplish each day. But one thing I've been reading over and over again is that babies really like routine. They thrive when they know what to expect. Crazy thing is, I do too! So I am really excited to get to know her, find a good feeding schedule, and watch her sleeping schedule develop (with some guidance) over time.

One of my "time use" goals right now (I have quite a list but certainly won't tackle them all right now!) is to blog more. Not many people read this blog, but with a new little life about to enter our lives, I think there will be a higher premium on photos and information about what's happening here. For this reason, I'm trying to come up with a tentative blogging schedule. Lots of blogs I read do a "Wordless Wednesday" post where they just put up a few photos of recent events. The real challenge for me on this front would be to remain "wordless" and let the photos speak for themselves. I'm not sure if I'll even try. I know it would save time, but it's SO not me!
Well, in honor of my first intentional photo post on a very (Wordy) Wednesday, here are a few photos for your enjoyment. *Commentary included - sorry, I just can't do the wordless thing today!


No comments:

Post a Comment